Here are the class prompts for HPKCHC for May:
- Care of Magical Creatures: Craft something inspired by either the acromantula or the thestral. Some examples are (but not limited to) Acromantula-Something for your home, something large, something with 8 pieces or something inspired by their web
Thestral-Something inspired by their skeletal appearance, something to aid in a trip with a thestral, something with wings or something inspired by their invisibility.
- Charms: Craft using the colors of water, create a container to hold the water or craft something to protect yourself against a stray stream of water.
- Divination: Your homework this month is use one (or more) of the Centaurs methods for divining the future. Use 2 or more different colors/materials to create 1 object. Find an object/symbol/shape in the smoke, this can be a repeating pattern or individual objects.
- History of Magic:
DYERS - look around you and be inspired by the green and grey of the wall and its surrounding landscape. You may use the picture included here, or one found elsewhere online…but please focus on the wall and the landscape. If you have a picture of your Great Uncle Jack climbing the wall….you may not use the virulent purple of his windbreaker as your inspiration.
SPINNERS - This wall has lasted centuries….at least parts of it have. Use a fiber choice or plying technique that will give your final yarn great strength to stand the test of time.
CROCHETERS, WEAVERS AND KNITTERS - You may take inspiration from either the shape of the wall (make something long, something built of bricklike shapes, or something based on your own inspiration) or from its designer’s protective intent (make something intended to protect, even though, like the wall, it may not work in the long run).
- Potions: Craft something inspired by the invigoration draught (it stimulates body, mind, spirit and provides energy).
- Muggle Studies: Craft something that represents a stamp from the Muggle world. Please include a picture of the stamp that inspired you in your hand-in.
- Transfiguration: “This month we would like to you to explore your ability to transfigure an object with color. Be inspired by all of the colors around you as the seasons change! Your requirements are quite simple, take any pattern and create it using a color that would not be expected for that object or use a color that you would not normally use. So if you normally would never ever use pink yarn, use pink yarn. Or if you would never ever think of having a purple and green dog, this month create a purple and green dog! Don’t just think outside of the box, use all the crayons in that box of 128!!”
- DADA: Craft something that has a final (or nearly-final) step that sets or hardens it into its final shape.
- Detention: This can be a project that was started at anytime, but it was finished during this month.
Here are the challenge prompts for May:
Art of Animation: Be inspired by the Disney animated movie Bambii.
Disney Legends: Be inspired by the Disney Legend Tyrus Wong.
EPCOT: Either finish a project started in another month or use your stash yarn to make something.
Imagineering: Knit, crochet, or weave something using the chevron pattern.
Park Hopper: Be inspired by the Disney ride It's A Small World.
Pixie Dust: Either donate to The British Deer Society or to another charity of your choice. Volunteering also counts.